About online banking
Online banking is here to help you with most of the transactions you need to make in your day-to-day life. Wherever you are, whatever time it is, as long as you have an internet connection, you can log on and manage your accounts.
You can use online banking across your current account, credit cards, and savings account to:
- check your balance, interest rate and fees.
- make payments to people and companies and transfer money between your accounts
- check payments due to go out of your account and change or cancel them.
- set up free text alerts for your current account and credit card
- order new cheque books, cards, PINs or paper statements
- ask us about any of your accounts using secure messaging.
- update your phone number, address and other personal details
- update your security settings
- find details of how to report lost or stolen cards.
Security and fraud protection
To keep you secure, we use industry-standard security and encryption.
- One Time Passcode (OTP) for extra security
When you carry out certain transactions – such as new payments or changes to your personal details – we text you a unique, transaction-specific code (known as a One Time Passcode or OTP) to enter online. This simple security check takes seconds and helps us know that it's you when you make important transactions or changes to your details.
- Image and phrase
Always enter our web address (cahoot.com) in your browser to access our site. Look out for your unique image and phrase, this tells you that you are logging on to the genuine cahoot site. If your image and phrase are not displayed, don't enter your online password or security number
- Confirmation of Payee
We’ve worked with other UK banks and the regulators to make changes recently to the steps you need to make when you make new payments. The reason for these changes is to help you be as sure as you can be that your money goes to the right place. Take a look
When you're logged on to online banking you can ask questions about your accounts and services through secure messaging. Communicating after you've used your unique log on details lets us know it's you and gives you confidence that your messages are being sent straight to cahoot.
As long as you take the proper precautions – for example by keeping your security details private – you're covered by our online banking commitment
Resetting your log on details
If you need to change your security settings go to the 'My accounts' homepage in online banking. Select 'My Details & Settings' and then choose 'Change security details'.
Your questions answered
If you have a question, check our 'frequently asked questions' or call us on 0800 5871 111. We're open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5pm on Saturday (if calling from outside the UK please dial +44 1908 937 222).